Configuring your app to send emails is somewhat straightforward – any skilled developer will take care of that task. But delivering those emails to the inboxes – that’s the tricky part. It’s not enough to refine the code. You need to monitor all the aspects that affect email deliverability.
That’s where third-party tools come into play. They provide you with a robust email infrastructure, help you analyze your emails, and essentially deliver them to users’ inboxes.
In today’s guide, we’ll list 10 email marketing tools that have dependable deliverability features. We’ll break the list down into three segments:
- Email deliverability platforms.
- CRMs with deliverability features.
- Outreach tools with in-built deliverability tools.
What do we mean by marketing tools with deliverability features?
Deliverability isn’t usually the selling point of marketing tools. Rather, providers highlight features such as automation, workflows, editors, segmentation, etc. Yet, none of these will matter unless your emails land in inboxes. So, instead of listing marketing tools with shiny features, we decided to focus on email deliverability.
A marketing tool with deliverability features should help you build and maintain a good domain reputation, send your emails, and analyze their performance. Ideally, it should also have testing functionalities to check your spam score, authentication protocols, and sender reputation. In other words, such a tool should provide complete control over your email infrastructure.
The best email marketing tools with deliverability features
- Mailtrap for transactional emails with a main focus on deliverability.
- MailerSend for transactional emails and SMS.
- GetResponse for designing, sending, and automating marketing emails.
- SMTP2GO for all your email communications.
- Avada Email Marketing for integrating email marketing with e-commerce platforms.
- Salesflare for combining CRM and email marketing in one platform.
- Hubspot to grow your business from one platform.
- Snov.io to improve the deliverability of your cold outreach emails.
- Klenty to execute outreach across multiple platforms.
- Mailshake to reach potential customers with cold emails.
How to choose a marketing tool with deliverability in mind: main criteria
The following criteria will help you choose the best option for you:
- Analytics – statistical data or general reports to provide insights into the performance of your infrastructure.
- Deliverability monitoring – critical alerts or notifications that will inform you if your metrics start dropping unexpectedly.
- Deliverability assistance – access to email deliverability consultants or experts who will help you improve email deliverability.
- Automatic IP warmup – the ability of the tool to increase the sending volume gradually for dedicated IPs.
- Spam analysis – reports, dashboards, or scales to show if your email contains any ‘spammy’ elements.
- Reliability – frequency of downtime, time to inbox, and delivery rates.
- Pricing – whether the tool meets your budget and if the pricing is reasonable for the features offered.
(TL;DR) comparison chart
We created a quick comparison chart for all the tools mentioned below just in case you don’t have time to read the whole piece.
|Type of provider
|Email Delivery Platform
|Transactional Messaging Platform
|Marketing Automation Platform
|Outgoing Email Service
|Email & SMS Delivery Platform
|CRM with Email Sequences
|Cold Outreach Platform
|Sales Engagement Platform
|Sales Engagement Platform
|Yes (through trainings)
|Yes (sending and custom tracking)
|Yes (supports aliases)
|Yes (up to 60 days)
|Yes (up to 30 days)
|Yes (60 days)
|Yes (up to 30 days)
|Yes (up to 30 days)
|Yes (for contact forms)
|Yes (for high-volume senders)
|Yes (for high-volume senders)
|Yes (for MAX users)
|IP pool management
5 Email deliverability platforms to put on your radar
Email Testing is an Email Sandbox to inspect and debug emails in a safe staging environment before sending them to recipients. It helps you improve deliverability with its Spam Analysis. Spam Report provides a general score with descriptions for any component that could be considered spammy by ISPs. Meanwhile, Blacklists Report shows you if your IP has been blocklisted by any major block lists.
Email Sending is an email infrastructure with high deliverability rates by design. It combines SMTP and RESTful API solutions for easy and quick integration.
Email Sending starts taking care of your deliverability from day one. When you sign up and add your sending domain, it asks you to verify it using ready-made SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records. Only verified domains are allowed to send emails to protect Mailtrap’s shared IPs from spam abuse.
Moreover, Email Sending covers almost all the criteria we mentioned above. Actionable analytics with drill-down reports and helicopter-view dashboards helps you monitor the performance of your infrastructure at all times. Email Sending monitors deliverability through critical alerts that notify you if any unexpected sending issues occur. You also get access to deliverability experts who are ready to assist you with any questions you may have.
So, Mailtrap allows you to take proactive measures in staging and control deliverability in production.
At the moment, Mailtrap allows you to send only transactional emails, however, marketing emails will be available soon.
- Helicopter-view dashboards
- Drill-down email reports for mailbox providers and email categories
- Detailed logs and event history up to 60 days
- Email body preview after the email is sent
- Weekly reports with week-on-week comparison
- Critical alerts if numbers suddenly drop
- API and SMTP service for smooth and easy integration
- Spam analysis and HTML check
- Fake SMTP server for email testing
- Webhooks for event tracking
- Official SDKs for popular programming languages
- End-to-end sending solution: Mailtrap offers a wide range of tools and features to help users manage and deliver their emails effectively, including testing, sending, and tracking.
- Highly responsive customer support: The Mailtrap team is committed to delivering exceptional service through guidance and support to help users get the most out of the platform.
- Deliverability experts: Mailtrap has highly skilled team members who are ready to address urgent issues immediately.
- Secure and user-friendly setup and onboarding: Mailtrap runs security checks in the background, so users only need to follow the in-app wizard to complete the domain setup.
- SMTP and APIs compatible with Sendgrid, Mailgun, and Mandrill: Mailtrap supports standard SMTP protocol and has compatible APIs, which saves time and makes the switch to Mailtrap easier.
- Dedicated IP is included in higher paid plans: Starting from the Business (100K+ emails/month) plan, users get access to a dedicated IP without any additional charges.
- No live chat: You can contact Mailtrap support only via email.
- Template editor is a bit limited: Mailtrap doesn’t include any drag-and-drop or rich-text template editors (only text and HTML editors are available at the moment).
There is separate pricing for Email Sending and Email Testing, but both have a free plan.
With Email Testing’s free plan, users get 1 inbox with limited features and the ability to send up to 100 test emails per month. The paid plans range from $14.99 to $399.99 and offer up to 999 team members, multiple inboxes, priority support, and the ability to send up to 10M test emails per month.
Email Sending’s free plan provides access to one account and allows users to send up to 1,000 emails per month. Free and Individual plans don’t include dedicated IPs because the sending volume is too low. You can get a dedicated IP starting from the Business plan (100K+ emails/month).
With paid plans, you can also buy additional emails and get access to 1,000 team members. Higher plans allow you to send up to 5M emails and save email logs for up to 60 days. The pricing starts at $10 for 10,000 emails/month.
A custom plan is also available for sending volumes above 5M. Detailed information on pricing is available here.
Who is it for:
Mailtrap is a great fit for individuals and businesses who want to use a single platform to control their entire email infrastructure.
MailerSend is a transactional email and SMS delivery platform built for developers and designed with non-technical teams in mind, allowing them to design, create, and manage their transactional messaging.
MailerSend has flexible deployment options, including Email API, SMTP relay, and SMS API. With features such as inbound routing, email verification, and advanced analytics, this tool has everything you need to scale your email sending as your business grows.
In terms of deliverability features, MailerSend has a suppression management that allows you to remove hard bounces and unsubscribes from your contacts list. Their email verification feature makes it easy to clean the contact lists before emails are sent. On top, MailerSend authenticates your domains with SPF and DKIM.
- Regularly updated official SDKs
- SMS API for sending high-volume transactional SMS
- Inbound routing for parsing incoming messages to your app
- Inbuilt email verification tool to reduce bounce rates
- Email template builders (HTML, Drag & Drop, and Rich-Text)
- User management with 5 user roles and the ability to create new ones
- Bulk emailing endpoint to optimize your sendings for improved delivery
- Integration with popular platforms including WordPress, WooCommerce, Zapier, and Make
- Webhooks for real-time notifications triggered by email activity
- Email split testing for up to 5 versions of a template
- Email analytics with a wide range of metrics to keep track of important KPIs
- An iOS app to check sending statistics on the go
- Award-winning support: MailerSend is known for its responsive customer support (24/7 email support and live chat).
- Deliverability expertise: MailerSend has a dedicated deliverability team backed by years of experience in both marketing and transactional email.
- Transactional SMS: MailerSend offers the ability to add transactional text messaging into the mix to provide customers with more communication options.
- Multiple options for creating templates: Users of all technical ability can contribute to email content and design with the three email editors.
- Simple pricing: MailerSend offers three straightforward plans with no hidden costs.
- Limited Free tier support: The Free plan doesn’t include live chat or priority email support (standard email support is available).
- No API endpoint for editing templates: While MailerSend offers 3 in-app editors, templates cannot be edited via API (you can still create HTML emails with API).
- SMS availability: The SMS feature is currently only available in North America, however, MailerSend is working on expanding this feature.
The Free plan users get 12,000 emails/month with additional emails charged at a rate of $1/1,000. This includes email support, a seat for 1 user, and 1 domain.
Premium plans start at $25.00 for 50,000 emails and 100 SMS with additional emails charged between $0.90 and $0.30 depending on the size of the plan. This plan includes access to premium features such as inbound routing and SMS, priority and live chat support, 20 user seats, and 50 domains.
Custom Enterprise plans are also available for special requirements, unlimited user seats, domains, and templates.
MailerSend also offers paid add-ons for a dedicated IP, email verification credits, or a phone number.
Who is it for:
MailerSend is for businesses that want a scalable email delivery platform that’s easy to integrate with apps or platforms. It’s suitable for teams with tech or non-tech roles.
GetResponse is an all-in-one marketing platform that offers email marketing, marketing automation, and sales funnel-building capabilities. It allows businesses to create and send professional-looking emails, automate their marketing efforts, and design and build landing pages for their products or services.
GetResponse has deliverability features to ensure your marketing campaigns make it to inboxes. You can create custom business email addresses with your domains for more credibility. All domains are authenticated with automated DKIM, DMARC, and SPF configurations. GetResponse has a built-in spam check to avoid spam filters.
- Custom business email addresses with your domain
- Marketing automation workflows for customer journeys
- Landing page builder
- Automated webinars
- Integrations with popular platforms and tools
- Lead scoring and nurturing
- A/B testing
- Advanced automation features: GetResponse offers advanced automation features, such as automation workflows, lead scoring, and nurture campaigns to help businesses streamline their marketing efforts.
- User-friendly interface: GetResponse has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for businesses to create and send professional-looking emails and design landing pages without technical expertise.
- Wide range of integrations: GetResponse integrates with a variety of e-commerce platforms and other popular marketing tools.
- Good deliverability rates for emails: GetResponse has a good reputation for delivering emails to subscribers’ inboxes, increasing the chances that your messages will be seen by your target audience.
- Limited customization options for landing pages: GetResponse’s Landing Page Builder is a little bit outdated and they seem to have switched focus to their Website Builder solution.
- Some limitations in the mobile app: Some users have reported limited functionality in the GetResponse mobile app compared to the web platform, which may be a drawback for businesses that rely on mobile for their marketing efforts.
GetResponse has a Free tier with up to 500 contacts, 1 landing page builder, website builder, and up to 2,500 newsletters/month.
Paid plans range from $19 to $119 per month for 1,000 contacts and include features such as a subject line generator, advanced segmentation, sales funnel, quick transactional notifications, etc. Custom pricing is available for their MAX and MAX² plans.
Who is it for:
GetResponse is ideal for SMBs and large companies looking for an all-in-one marketing platform. It is suitable for businesses in a variety of industries, including e-commerce, digital agencies, and online service providers.
SMTP2GO is an outgoing email service for transactional and marketing emails. It supports API and SMTP integration and has an infrastructure built around improving deliverability. With analytical features, SMTP2GO enables users to track essential email metrics.
- Analytics with visual reports
- Deep insights for each email sent
- Email testing against spam filters
- SMS messaging
- Worldwide servers with built-in redundancy
- Setup assistance
- Responsive support: Ticket, chat, and phone support for everyone regardless of their plan.
- Deliverability tools: SMTP2GO is signed up for all major feedback loops. Plus, it monitors blacklists and spam traps.
- Analytics: SMTP2GO offers real-time analytics, weekly reports, unsubscribe, and spam and bounce tracking.
- In-built email testing: This platform runs your emails against spam filters and provides previews for major email clients.
- Doesn’t have marketing-related features: Though SMTP2GO allows you to send marketing emails, you can’t design them or create automation.
SMTP2GO has a free tier that allows you to send 1,000 emails per month. You get access to 5 days of email logs and ticket support.
The pricing of paid plans differs depending on the sending volume. The cheapest plan starts at $10/month for 10,000 emails. You can also get a custom plan if you’re planning to send more than 3M emails per month.
Who is it for:
SMTP2GO is for small and medium-sized businesses in all industries that are looking for a scalable email delivery service.
5. Avada Email Marketing
Avada Email Marketing is a great solution for merchants to convert their customers and build long-life customer relationships. Designed to optimize Abandoned Cart campaigns, Avada Email Marketing follows up with your visitors and reminds them to continue their purchase quickly.
With a user-friendly interface, Avada Email Marketing is simple to use for even non-technical teams. It supports ready-made templates suitable for people without designing skills. This platform also comes with contact segmentation to help you achieve better results.
To improve deliverability, Avada Email Marketing offers 3 workflows dedicated to deliverability and implementation.
- Marketing automation
- Beautifully-designed templates with a drag-and-drop editor
- Advanced segmentation features
- Different types of sign-up forms including Newsletter Popup, Spin to Win, Add-to-cart Popup, etc.
- Advanced reports to keep track of your campaign’s performance
- Easy to use email editor: Avada Email Marketing allows you to build newsletters with pre-built professional templates and drag-and-drop editor.
- Marketing automation: Avada Email Marketing offers pre-built workflows and automation for different types of campaigns, such as welcome, abandoned cart, order follow-up emails, etc.
- Integrations with popular e-commerce platforms: You can integrate Avada Email Marketing with Shopify and Magento.
- Advanced reports: This platform provides access to aggregate and separate reports for automated workflows and marketing campaigns.
- Responsive customer support: Avada Email Marketing offers email, chat, and priority support options.
- No language-based filtering: You can’t filter clients based on their language.
- Limited integrations: Currently Avada Email Marketing only integrates with Shopify and Magento.
Avada Email Marketing has both a Free tier and a free trial. The Free plan gives you access to 12,000 emails and 500 contacts. The Free trial lasts for 14 days. It allows you to send up to 500 emails/day and explore the features of paid plans.
Paid plans start from $16 per month for 500 contacts and 12,000 emails and include features such as automation workflow, email templates, Google and Facebook ads integration, account management, etc. There’s also a custom plan with more than 200,000 contacts and migration service.
Who is it for:
Perfect for businesses that want to integrate email marketing with their e-commerce platforms.
2 CRMs with great deliverability features
Salesflare is an automated, straightforward CRM for small and medium-sized businesses selling B2B, with an email sequence platform integrated. It tracks everything starting from the first outreach to closing the deal, helping you follow up on your leads in a better way.
Salesflare automatically removes bounced or unsubscribed email addresses to help you maintain good email deliverability.
- Automated and one-off email sequences
- LinkedIn integration with an easy-to-use side-bar
- Built-in email finder
- Integration with Gmail and Outlook to auto-create contacts and keep track of interactions
- Automated contact data enrichment
- Automated follow-up reminders
- Visual sales pipelines & customizable dashboards
- All-in-one solution: Salesflare offers CRM, email sequences, and email finding all in one place.
- Easy to use: Salesflare comes with a user-friendly interface.
- Tightly integrated into your workflow: Can be integrated with Gmail, Outlook, LinkedIn, and other popular services.
- 100% mobile accessible: All of Salesflare’s functionalities are available in the mobile app as well to make sure you’re never stuck with your laptop.
- World-class support: Salesflare is ranked #2 of 800+ CRMs on G2.com when it comes to quality of support.
- Only in English: Salesflare’s software only comes in English, but the language of emails itself isn’t limited.
- Doesn’t have newsletter-style templates: Salesflare’s email sequences are built for sending personal emails, so they aren’t suitable for email newsletters.
Salesflare’s pricing consists of 3 plans, all of which can send emails at scale.
The Growth plan (starting at $29 per user per month) can only send one-step email workflows (i.e. ‘email merges’) while the Pro plan (starting at $49 per month) can send multi-step email workflows (i.e. ‘email sequences’) as well. The Enterprise plan simply comes with a lot more support services.
All plans come with free email-finding credits included, but, if you want to buy more, Salesflare also offers credit packages for the email finder at competitive rates: 1,500 monthly credits for $39, 5,000 for $79, or 15,000 for $159. Bigger plans are available upon request.
Who is it for:
Salesflare is a great fit for small and medium-sized businesses that sell to other businesses and want to keep their email outreach/updates and CRM in one place.
HubSpot is an all-in-one CRM platform that combines marketing, sales, services, CMS, and operation software. That way, all essential processes are maintained in a single database, allowing different teams to access and use the same data.
Since HubSpot allows you to send marketing emails, it also has robust email deliverability features. You can filter contacts based on their activity, and stop sending to subscribers who haven’t interacted with your emails in a while. All of that is combined with modifiable send frequency to reduce spam complaints.
Additionally, HubSpot has a team of deliverability experts who monitor your campaigns and predictive insights that provide information about emails not getting delivered. With the help of AI, HubSpot spots when campaigns may damage your sender reputation and pauses them automatically.
- In-depth contact management and segmentation
- Email automation
- Reporting dashboard with various analytical data
- Email validation for contact forms
- Responsive, multi-channel support
- Integration with popular email service providers, platforms, and websites
- Free tools: It offers tools from lead generation to HubSpot lead scoring, form builder, contact management, and reporting dashboard free of charge.
- Advanced analytics: HubSpot’s paid plans include multiple dashboards with a number of reports per dashboard with the ability to track custom parameters.
- Personalized email sequences to boost your sales and marketing efforts.
- Multi-channel support: Users can reach HubSpot via email, in-app chat, and phone. Support is available 24/7.
- Can be expensive: Paid plans are expensive for small teams and individuals, but you can always consider price-friendly HubSpot alternatives.
- API key authentication no longer supported: HubSpot deprecated API keys which forces users to use OAuth or private app access tokens.
- Pricing plans can be confusing: Though it’s nice to have a selection of different plans, HubSpot offers too many options. Neither do they have in-between plans.
HubSpot offers separate pricing plans for each software, a free tier, as well as a bundled option. They also have separate plans for individuals/small teams and businesses/enterprises.
The cheapest plan for individuals/small teams starts at $50/month for CRM Suite. For businesses and enterprises CRM suite starts at $1,781/month.
You also have the option to create custom bundles with the necessary software only.
Who is it for:
HubSpot CRM is for businesses of all sizes looking for a combination of different tools within a single platform.
3 Outreach platforms to land your cold emails in inboxes
Snov.io is a multifunctional cold outreach platform that helps user grow their business with a complete sales toolbox. They recently launched an Email Warm-Up tool. It can fix email deliverability issues and help users build or recover their sender reputation. That way, emails will land in inboxes instead of spam or promotions folders.
Snov.io also has an email verifier to reduce bounce rates and avoid sending emails to spam traps.
- Fully automated
- Efficient warm-up strategies to cover individual needs
- AI-powered same-thread conversations for best warm-up results
- Well-organized inbox
- Easy and quick setup
- Easy set-up. Snov.io Email Warm-Up can be set up in just 2 minutes by connecting an email account.
- Availability to all users. The tool is available to all users regardless of their plan
- No distractions in your inbox. All warm-up emails are automatically organized in a separate folder, which doesn’t distract users’ attention from emails sent and received outside the warm-up.
- Customization opportunities. You can use your own email template and choose the custom parameters for the warm-up.
- 24/7 support and live chat which helps users solve issues or get answers to all the questions.
- Email warm-up analytics could be improved. For example, there is no information about the total number of sent emails or the total number of interactions.
Snov.io offers free and paid plans to match different business needs. The Trial (free plan) allows you to warm up 1 mailbox and send up to 15 warm-up emails per day. You’ll get 450 monthly warm-up emails for all slots.
The cheapest plan costs $39/month and provides access to the warm-up of 1 mailbox, up to 15 emails per day, and 1,500 monthly warm-up emails. You can choose higher plans based on the number of monthly credits and email warm-up limits. There’s also a custom plan with a custom email warm-up strategy.
All plans, including the free trial plan, include additional features such as an email finder, email verifier, email sending automation, CRM, drip campaigns, and unlimited campaigns and follow-ups.
Who is it for:
Snov.io Email Warm-up is for individuals and businesses willing to improve their email deliverability or prepare a new email account for bulk outreach campaigns.
Klenty is a sales engagement platform for executing multi-channel outreach campaigns. It allows users to create and manage personalized email campaigns, schedule follow-ups, and track the team’s performance. Klenty leverages deep personalization that goes beyond the first name.
In terms of deliverability, Klenty reduces bounce rates with email validation tools. It has a custom tracking domain to protect your sending domain from getting affected by spam filters. Klenty users can also limit daily sending volume and increase it gradually as reputation is improved. Finally, this tool sends your emails at random intervals to mimic human behavior.
- A/B testing to optimize email engagement
- Scheduled delivery for sending emails when they are more likely to be seen
- Follow-up thread to manage conversations in one place
- Email previews to ensure your emails are professional
- Ready-made templates
- The ability to prioritize emails that will be sent every day
- Seamless integration with LinkedIn for prospecting and engagement
- Integration with third-party tools and platforms
- Useful reports: Klenty generates daily reports to provide insight into essential email metrics.
- Easy to use: Klenty integrates easily with various platforms. The UI is straightforward and doesn’t require a lot of onboarding.
- Cadences: Klenty focuses on the cadences, making it easier to achieve results through cold outreach.
- Inbox: By connecting your email account, you can view received emails directly from the platform without having to go back to your email client.
- Occasional bugs: UI has some minor bugs that haven’t been fixed yet.
- Doesn’t have a template editor: Users have to rely on other platforms to edit the template code and personalize it.
- Analytics could be improved: Reports lack a variety of filters and customization options.
Klenty has simple pricing plans for different business needs along with a 14-day free trial.
With a free trial, you get a sneak peek into the core features of the tool. Sending volume is limited to 200 emails.
Klenty has annual and quarterly options. The cheapest plan (billed annually) starts at $50 per user/month. It provides access to cadences, custom domain tracking, reports, and a Gmail plugin. Email validation is available on demand.
Klenty has an Enterprise plan with custom features and pricing to match your specific needs.
Who is it for:
Klenty is a good match for small and medium-sized businesses that provide B2B services.
Mailshake is another sales engagement platform that streamlines email outreach and sales communication. It automates outreach emails, provides visibility into all lead activity, and helps you improve your email deliverability.
Mailshake has an email warm-up tool that gradually increases sending volume and automatically takes actions such as replying, opening, and removing spam. It checks your domain to ensure authentication protocols are properly set up. Mailshake comes with a robust email validation feature to help you clean up your contact lists.
- Outreach campaigns with automated follow-ups
- Mail-merge for deeper personalization
- Customizable sending schedule
- Ready-made email templates to build sequences quickly
- Analytics with data on reply rates, opens, and clicks
- Third-party integrations with CRMs and social media channels
- Email deliverability support through training
- Responsive customer support: Mailshake always provides in-depth answers to customers’ queries.
- Straightforward interface: Mailshake is easy to use even for people who don’t have prior experience with similar platforms.
- Contact export: Contact lists are easy to export to other platforms.
- Focus on education: Mailshake creates multiple opportunities to educate its users and help them make the most out of the platform.
- Response recognition: Mailshake sometimes treats automated responses as a human which messes with the accuracy of analytical data.
- Pricing plans: Mailshake has only two fixed plans and a custom plan which isn’t enough to accommodate different business needs.
Mailshake doesn’t have a free trial, but they do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
There are only two pricing plans available. Email Outreach is suitable for marketers and owners. It costs $58/month, but it’s billed annually. This plan includes all the essential features such as CRM integration, 5,000 recipients per campaign, AI email writer, A/B testing, hundreds of integrations through Zapier, etc.
Sales Engagement plan is tailored for sales teams. It costs $83/month (billed annually) and includes additional features such as higher credit limits, priority support, and LinkedIn automation. A custom plan is available for agencies.
Who is it for:
Mailshake is for small and medium-sized businesses that want to automate their outreach processes.
This wraps up our blog post on marketing tools with email deliverability features. We listed the top 10 options with different specifics and characteristics. If you’re interested in more recommendations, check out our guides on email deliverability testing tools and free SMTP servers.