Acceptance of Terms
IMPORTANT — READ CAREFULLY: BY CREATING AN ACCOUNT OR BY UTILIZING THE MAILTRAP SERVICE YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Primary Purpose of Mailtrap Use
You are allowed to use Mailtrap for either of the following purposes:
- Email testing – using Mailtrap as a fake SMTP server for testing emails sent from the development and staging environments without spamming real customers or flooding your own and team members’ inboxes;
- Sending real transactional or relationship Content – which facilitates an already agreed-upon transaction or updates Your customer about an ongoing transaction. If it contains only transactional or relationship Content, its primary purpose is transactional or relationship. In that case, it may not contain false or misleading routing information, but is otherwise exempt from most provisions of the CAN-SPAM Act.
It is Your responsibility to determine the purpose of Your emails and to follow the respective requirements provided by this Agreement and applicable laws. You may not falsify Your purpose of using Mailtrap in order to avoid the applicability of specific terms and legal requirements. Should Mailtrap notice that the purpose of using Mailtrap is falsified by You, Mailtrap shall have the right to terminate the Services for You with immediate effect without obligation to refund any Subscription Fees (as defined below) that have been paid by You but not utilized by Mailtrap yet.
EU/EEA Data Processing
To the extent that Mailtrap processes any Personal Data as part of Customer Data that is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), in the provision of the Service hereunder, the terms of the Railsware Products Studio LLC Data Processing Addendum, which are hereby incorporated by reference, shall apply.
For Mailtrap Users and Customers that are located in the European Union or the European Economic Area, the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, attached to the Data Processing Agreement, with Railsware Products Studio LLC, which provide adequate safeguards with respect to the Personal Data processed by us under this Agreement and pursuant to the provisions of our Data Processing Agreement apply.
Description of Service
The Service includes, and is limited to, a service or website that allows You access to and use of a single Mailtrap Account. “Mailtrap” referred to herein means an online fake SMTP server for testing, viewing, and sharing emails. The Service may contain information, data, text, photographs, videos, audio clips, written posts and comments, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Service (collectively, “Content”). Subject to these Terms of Service, Mailtrap grants to You and each user of the Service a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable license to use (i.e., to download and display locally) Content solely for purposes of using the Service. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution, or storage of any Content for other than purposes of using the Service is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from us. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right. For the purposes of these Terms of Service, “Content” also includes all User Content (as defined below).
A “Mailtrap Account” or “Account” referred to herein means a service or web site, provided by Mailtrap, where You may use Mailtrap to create, update, share, and send data, text, messages or other materials (“User Content”).
Without limiting the foregoing, the Service is not designed or licensed for use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe controls, including without limitation operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation/communication systems, air traffic control, and life support or weapons systems.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Agreement. In order to use the Service, You must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, You must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device. You also understand and agree that the service may include certain communications from Mailtrap, such as service announcements, administrative messages, etc., and that these communications are considered part of the Service and You will not be able to opt out of receiving them. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interfaces that are provided by Mailtrap for use in accessing the Service. Mailtrap will provide the Service in accordance with this Agreement. Mailtrap may at its sole discretion modify the features of the Service from time to time without prior notice.
In order to use the Service, You must have a valid Account. To acquire an Account for the Service, You must provide Mailtrap with an electronic mail address and other information (“Registration Data”). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the access data for Your Account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under Your Account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Mailtrap of any unauthorized use of Your Account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that You exit from Your Account at the end of each session. Mailtrap cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from Your failure to comply with this section. In consideration of the use of the Service, You agree to (a) provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about Yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration form, and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. Mailtrap assumes no duty to verify such information as further detailed in the CONTENT OF THE SERVICE section of these Terms of Service. If You provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, or Mailtrap has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, Mailtrap has the right to suspend or terminate Your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof). By using the Service (and registering an Account on the Service), You represent and warrant that You are at least 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may use the Service. Mailtrap may, at its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. You are solely responsible for ensuring that these Terms of Service are in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations applicable to you and the right to access the Service is revoked where these Terms of Service or use of the Service is prohibited or to the extent offering, sale or provision of the Service conflicts with any applicable law, rule or regulation.
Additional groupings of features may be added to the Service and made available to You as a paid upgrade (“Paid Plan”). If You choose to subscribe to a Paid Plan, You shall pay fees (described below) to Mailtrap. Upon selection of a Paid Plan, You will provide Mailtrap with the necessary billing information (“Billing Data”).
Credit cards are the main payment mechanism Mailtrap will accept for payment of a subscription fee (“Subscription Fee”) for a Paid Plan. For annual Subscription Fee, Mailtrap allows ACH as alternative payment method. All currency references are in U.S. dollars. Paid Plans can be paid as a monthly or annual Subscription Fee.
If you select a Paid Plan, You must provide current, complete, and accurate Billing Data. You must promptly update all Billing Data to keep Your Account current, complete and accurate (such as a change in billing address, credit card number, or credit card expiration date) and You must promptly notify Mailtrap if Your Payment Method is changed (for example, for loss or theft) or if You become aware of a potential breach of security, such as the unauthorized disclosure or use of Your name or password. If You fail to provide any of the foregoing information, You agree that Mailtrap may continue charging You for any use of the Paid Plan under your Billing Data unless You have terminated Your Paid Plan as set forth herein.
The credit card that You provide as part of the Billing Data will be automatically and immediately billed on the first Business Day of each billing period. You agree that Mailtrap may charge to Your credit card all amounts due and owing for Your Account on that billing period basis or upon cancellation (see “Termination, Breach, Suspension and Cancellation” and “Refund”). Mailtrap will contact You via electronic mail to alert You upon each charge. Mailtrap may change prices at any time without prior notice but will endeavor to provide reasonable advance notice via the Mailtrap website and/or electronic mail. You agree that in the event Mailtrap is unable to collect the fees owed to Mailtrap for Your Account through Your Subscription Fee, Mailtrap may take any other steps it deems necessary to collect such fees from You and that You will be responsible for all costs and expenses incurred by Mailtrap in connection with such collection activity, including collection fees, court costs and attorneys’ fees.
As long as Your Account remains active and in good standing, You will be charged the Subscription Fee even if You never use the service. You may, however, cancel Your Paid Plan at any time.
Subscription Fees are exclusive of any applicable taxes, levies, duties, or other similar exactions imposed by a legal, governmental, or regulatory authority in any applicable jurisdiction, including, without limitation, sales, use, value-added, consumption, communications, or withholding taxes (collectively, “Taxes”). You will pay all taxes associated with this Agreement excluding any taxes based on our net income.
Mailtrap Free and Individual pricing plans are intended to evaluate Mailtrap or to apply it on a User’s personal side project only. Free and Individual pricing plans cannot be used by multiple Users related to 1 customer (or organization). For commercial usage or use of Mailtrap by multiple Users related to 1 customer (or organization), such customer (organization) has to subscribe to a Team or higher pricing plan.
Termination, Breach, Suspension and Cancellation
If Your Subscription Fee payment is overdue, Mailtrap will disable Your access to the features provided by the Paid Plan. Mailtrap may, at its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason, terminate the Service, terminate this Agreement, or suspend or terminate Your Account. In the event of suspension or termination, Your account will be disabled and You may not be granted access to Your Account or any files or other Content (including Your User Content) contained in Your Account, and Mailtrap may delete Your User Content, although residual copies of information may remain in our system for some time for back-up purposes. In the event of termination, Mailtrap may also withdraw and at its discretion reallocate the public web address of Your Account.
If You terminate Your Account, via means provided for cancellation on the Mailtrap website, or via telephone call or electronic mail to Mailtrap, and You request that Mailtrap delete Your User Content and files contained in Your Account, Mailtrap will make all reasonable efforts to do so.
Suspension of Services by Mailtrap.
Maitrap may suspend the Services immediately upon notice to You for cause if:
- there is an unusual and material spike or increase in Your use of the Services and Mailtrap believes that such traffic or use is fraudulent or materially and negatively impacting the operating capability of the Mailtrap Services;
- You or a User materially breaches (or we believe that you or a User has materially breached) any provision of this Agreement, including any obligations under Mailtrap Acceptable Use Policy;
- there is any use of the Mailtrap Services by You or a User that in our judgment threatens the security, integrity, or availability of the Services;
- You are operating in a country or region prohibited under the Export Controls of the United States of America;
- Mailtrap determines that our provision of Mailtrap Services is prohibited by applicable law or regulation; or
- information in Your account is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete.
Mailtrap provides means for Account and Paid Plan cancellation on the Mailtrap website. If You cancel Your Account within 90 calendar days of the date of sign-up, and You request a refund, Mailtrap will refund all payments You have made to Mailtrap within the 90 calendar days prior to the cancellation and refund request.
Proprietary/Intellectual Property Rights
Mailtrap and/or its suppliers, as applicable, retain ownership of all proprietary rights in the Service and in all trade names, trademarks, and service mark associated or displayed with the Service. You will not remove, deface or obscure any of Mailtrap’s or its suppliers’ copyright or trademark notices and/or legends or other proprietary notices on, incorporated therein, or associated with the Service. You may not reverse engineer, reverse compile or otherwise reduce to human-readable form any software associated with the Service.
Mailtrap is a Trademark of Railsware Products Studio LLC
You acknowledge that the Service or portion thereof may be subject to the export control laws of the United States. You will not export, re-export, divert, transfer or disclose any portion of the Service or any related technical information or materials, directly or indirectly, in violation of any applicable export law or regulation.
You acknowledge that any use of the Service contrary to this Agreement, or any transfer, sublicensing, copying or disclosure of technical information or materials related to the Service, may cause irreparable injury to Mailtrap, its affiliates, suppliers and any other party authorized by Mailtrap to resell, distribute, or promote the Service (“Resellers”), and under such circumstances Mailtrap, its affiliates, suppliers and Resellers will be entitled to equitable relief, without posting a bond or other security, including, but not limited to, preliminary and permanent injunctive relief.
Mailtrap does not claim ownership over any User Content submitted on or through the Service. Your User Content belongs to You. However, by uploading any User Content to the Service, You agree that Mailtrap may store and display (only to You, to the extent that You make such User Content private) Your User Content solely as necessary in connection with the Service. To the extent You choose to share any of Your User Content with other users of the Service, You agree to allow these users (i.e., only the users you specify) to view Your User Content and, to the extent applicable, collaborate with You and Your User Content.
You understand that all User Content is the sole responsibility of the person from which such User Content originated. This means that You, and not Mailtrap, are entirely responsible for all User Content that You upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available via Your Account. Mailtrap does not control the User Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such User Content.
You understand that by using the Service, You may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Mailtrap be liable in any way for any User Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service. You acknowledge that Mailtrap does not pre-screen User Content, but that Mailtrap and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, modify or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Mailtrap and its designees shall have the right to remove any User Content that violates the Agreement or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that You must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, You acknowledge that You may not reasonably rely on any Content created by Mailtrap or submitted to Mailtrap. You acknowledge and agree that Mailtrap may preserve User Content and may also disclose User Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal process;
- enforce the Agreement;
- respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or
- protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Mailtrap, its users and the public.
If Mailtrap discloses User Content to comply with legal process or respond to claims that any User Content violates the rights of third-parties, to the extent permitted by law, regulation, or legal process, Mailtrap agrees to provide You with prompt notice of any such legal or governmental demand and reasonably cooperate with You in any effort to seek a protective order or otherwise to contest such required disclosure.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including Your User Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to the technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
Should User Content be found or reported to be in violation with, but not limited to, the following terms, it will be in Mailtrap’s sole discretion as to what action should be taken. You agree that You will not:
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy (up to, but not excluding any address, email, phone number, or any other contact information without the written consent of the owner of such information), hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Mailtrap official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any User Content transmitted through the Service;
- upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that You do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, or transmit unsolicited commercial email or “spam”. This includes unethical marketing, advertising, or any other practice that is in any way connected with “spam”, including but not limited to (a) sending mass email to recipients who haven’t requested email from You or with a fake return address, (b) promoting a site with inappropriate links, titles, descriptions, or (c) promoting Your site by posting multiple submissions in public forums that are identical;
- upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another;
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals. This may include, without limitation, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other weapons or incendiary devices.
- offer for sale or sell any item, good or service that (i) violates any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, (ii) You do not have full power and authority under all relevant laws and regulations to offer and sell, including all necessary licenses and authorizations, or (iii) Mailtrap determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale through the Service provided by Mailtrap;
- use the Account website as a redirecting/forwarding service to another website;
- exceed the scope of the Service that You have signed up for; for example, accessing and using the tools that You do not have a right to use, or having humans share User logins, or deleting, adding to, or otherwise changing other people’s comments or User Content as an Account holder. If any user is reported to be in violation with the letter or spirit of these terms, Mailtrap retains the right to terminate such account at any time without further warning.
Apple Device and Application Terms
If you are accessing the Service via an application on a device provided by Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) or an application obtained through the Apple App Store (each an “Application”), the following shall apply:
- Both You and Mailtrap acknowledge that these Terms of Service are concluded between you and Mailtrap only, and not with Apple, and that Apple is not responsible for the Application or the Content;
- The Application is licensed to You on a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable basis, solely to be used in connection with the Service for Your private, personal, non-commercial use, subject to all the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service as they are applicable to the Service;
- You will only use the Application in connection with an Apple device that You own or control;
- You acknowledge and agree that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application;
- In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, including those implied by law, You may notify Apple of such failure; upon notification, Apple’s sole warranty obligation to You will be to refund to you the purchase price, if any, of the Application;
- You acknowledge and agree that Mailtrap, and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims You or any third party may have in relation to the Application;
- You acknowledge and agree that, in the event of any third party claim that the Application or Your possession and use of the Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Mailtrap, and not Apple, will be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such infringement claim;
- You represent and warrant that You are not located in a country subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and that You are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
- Both You and Mailtrap acknowledge and agree that, in Your use of the Application, You will comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement which may affect or be affected by such use; and
- Both You and Mailtrap acknowledge and agree that Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms of Service, and that upon Your acceptance of these Terms of Service, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms of Service against You as the third party beneficiary hereof.
Compliance with Laws
You agree, represent, and warrant to Mailtrap that:
- You will comply with all laws and regulations applicable to Your emails sent through the Mailtrap Service, including those relating to (a) acquiring consents (where required) to lawfully send Your emails, (b) the Content of Your emails, and (c) Your emails deployment practices;
- You will get and maintain all necessary consents required to lawfully transfer data to Mailtrap Service and to enable such data to be lawfully collected, processed, and shared by Mailtrap for the purposes of providing the Mailtrap Service or as otherwise directed by You;
- You will provide and obtain all notices and obtain all necessary consents required by applicable data protection laws to enable Mailtrap to deploy cookies and similar tracking technologies lawfully on and collect data from the devices of contacts and end users;
- To the extent Mailtrap processes your Content protected by Data Protection Laws as a processor on Your behalf all as defined in the DPA, You and Mailtrap shall be subject to and comply with the Mailtrap Data Processing Agreement, which is incorporated into and forms an integral part of these Terms. The Mailtrap Data Processing Agreement sets out our obligations with respect to data protection and security when processing Your Content on your behalf in connection with the Mailtrap Service.
In addition, if you are subject to EU Data Protection Law, You acknowledge and agree that we have Your prior written authorization to respond, at our discretion, to any data subject access requests we receive from Your contacts made under EU Data Protection Law, or, alternatively, we may direct any such contacts to You so that You can respond to the request accordingly.
You’re responsible for determining whether the Mailtrap Service is suitable for You to use in light of Your obligations under any regulations like HIPAA, GLB, Data Protection Laws, United States export control laws and regulations, and economic sanctions laws and regulations (“U.S. Export Control Laws and Regulations”), or other applicable laws. If you’re subject to regulations (like HIPAA) and you use the Mailtrap Service, then we won’t be liable if the Mailtrap Service doesn’t meet those requirements. You represent and warrant that your use of the Mailtrap Service will comply with all applicable laws and regulations. You may not use the Mailtrap Service for any unlawful or discriminatory activities, including acts prohibited by the Federal Trade Commission Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, or any other applicable laws.
If You collect any personal information pertaining to a minor and store such information within Your Mailtrap account, You represent and warrant that You have obtained valid consent for such activities according to the applicable laws of the jurisdiction in which the minor lives.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any losses, including all legal fees and expenses, that result from your breach of this Section.
General Practices Regarding Use and Storage
You agree that Mailtrap has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any User Content and other communications maintained by the Service. You acknowledge that Mailtrap may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service and may modify such practices and limits from time to time. Mailtrap retains the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to log off users who are inactive for an extended period of time.
You agree that You will not:
- upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any computer routines, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; or
- copy, reproduce, alter, modify, or publicly display any information displayed on the Service (except for Your User Content), or create derivative works from our website (other than from Your User Content), to the extent that such action(s) would constitute copyright infringement or otherwise violate the intellectual property rights of Mailtrap or any other third party, except with the prior written consent of Mailtrap or the appropriate third party.
Content of The Service
Mailtrap takes no responsibility for any third-party Content or User Content (including, without limitation,any viruses or other disabling features), nor does Mailtrap have any obligation to monitor such third-party Content. Mailtrap reserves the right at all times to remove or refuse to distribute any Content on the Service, such as Content which violates these Terms of Service. Mailtrap also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce these Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (d) respond to user support requests, or (e) protect the rights, property or safety of Mailtrap, its users and the public. Mailtrap will not be responsible or liable for the exercise or non-exercise of its rights under this Agreement.
If Mailtrap discloses such information to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request or to respond to user support requests, to the extent permitted by law, regulation or legal process, Mailtrap agrees to provide You with prompt notice of any such demand and reasonably cooperate with You in any effort to seek a protective order or otherwise to contest such required disclosure.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, You agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable User Content. Specifically, You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which You reside.
Anti-Spam Requirements for Email
Mailtrap takes care of the enforcement of anti-spam laws as the provider of an email marketing service. Your email must comply with applicable anti-spam laws as spam can lead to negative impacts for all our users.
While Mailtrap takes many protective measures beyond what is required by law to help prevent spam and protect Mailtrap Services, it is Your responsibility to learn how various anti-spam regulations and laws may apply to You and Your Content.
Please note that this is Your obligation to determine whether any additional anti-spam or data protection laws apply to You and Your Content based on:
- the country where your business is located and comply with those laws; and
- the country where your contacts or customers are located, and comply with those laws.
As a US-based company, Mailtrap complies with CAN-SPAM, the U.S. law that regulates promotional emails. You must respect Mailtrap’s anti-spam requirements, which comply with the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act.
No Resale of The Service
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express permission by Mailtrap.
Your Representations and Warranties
You represent and warrant that (a) all of the information provided by You to Mailtrap to participate in the Service is correct and current; and (b) You have all necessary right, power and authority to enter into these Terms of Service and to perform the acts required of You hereunder.
No Warranties or Representations by Railsware Products Studio LLC
You understand and agree that the Service is provided “as is” and Mailtrap, its affiliates, suppliers and Resellers expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or bailment of your data on Mailtrap servers. Mailtrap, its affiliates, suppliers and Resellers make no warranty or representation regarding the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service, the security of the Service, or that the Service will meet any user’s requirements. Use of the Service is at Your sole risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to You resulting from the use of the Service. The entire risk arising out of use, security or performance of the Service remains with You. No oral or written information or advice given by Mailtrap or its authorized representatives shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of Mailtrap’s obligations. Without limiting the foregoing, the Service is not designed or licensed for use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe controls, including without limitation operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation/communication systems, air traffic control, and life support or weapons systems. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Mailtrap, its affiliates, suppliers and Resellers specifically disclaim any express or implied warranty of fitness for such purposes.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Mailtrap, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, suppliers and Resellers from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, attorneys fees as and when incurred) arising from Your use of the Service, Your use of Your Account, Your violation of these Terms of Service or the infringement or violation by You or any other User of Your Account, of any intellectual property relating to the Service (including without limitation Your User Content) or other right of any person or entity.
Modifications to Service
Mailtrap reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice at any time. You agree that Mailtrap shall not be liable to You or to any third party for any modification, suspension, termination or discontinuance of the Service.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship between You and Mailtrap Software is intended or created by these Terms of Service.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Mailtrap or its affiliates, suppliers or Resellers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, exemplary or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss or damage) arising out of the use of or inability to use the Service, or the provision of or failure to provide technical or other support service, whether arising in tort (including negligence) contract or any other legal theory, even if Mailtrap, its affiliates, suppliers or Resellers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. In any case, Mailtrap’s, its affiliates’, suppliers’ and Resellers’ maximum cumulative liability and Your exclusive remedy for any claims arising out of or related to this Agreement will be limited to the amount actually paid by You for the Service (if any) in the previous twelve (12) months.
Waiver and Severability
Failure by either party to exercise any of its rights under, or to enforce any provision of, this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver or forfeiture of such rights or ability to enforce such provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be amended to achieve as nearly as possible the same economic effect of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
Statute of Limitations
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising from or related to the use of Mailtrap Service or the Terms of Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Choice of Law and Forum
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of New York, USA, as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed in New York by New York residents. The parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in and serving the Borough of Manhattan, in the City of New York, in the State of New York, USA.
Entire Agreement/General Provisions
This Agreement embodies the entire understanding and agreement between the parties respecting the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes any and all prior understandings and agreements between the parties respecting such subject matter. Mailtrap may change the terms of this Agreement at any time by posting modified terms on its website. This Agreement has been prepared in the English Language and such version shall be controlling in all respects and any non-English version of this Agreement is solely for accommodation purposes. Any and all rights and remedies of Mailtrap upon Your breach or other default under this Agreement will be deemed cumulative and not exclusive of any other right or remedy conferred by this Agreement or by law or equity on Mailtrap, and the exercise of any one remedy will not preclude the exercise of any other. The captions and headings appearing in this Agreement are for reference only and will not be considered in construing this Agreement. Notices to You may be made via either email or regular mail. The Service may also provide notices of changes to the Agreement or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to You generally on the Service.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO CLIENTS WHO ARE CONSUMERS
For the purposes of this Agreement, a natural person who carries out with Mailtrap a juridical act which is not directly related to his or her economic or professional activity shall be deemed a consumer (“Consumer”). The client, being a Consumer, at the latest at the beginning of placing an order for Service will receive clear and legible information on the main characteristics of the Service (e.g. the description, quantity, and quality, and possess the functionality, compatibility, information on interoperability). After placing an order, Mailtrap will provide the Consumer with a confirmation of the conclusion of the agreement on performance of Service on a durable carrier (including in the form of an e-mail message), to which the Consumer agrees.
Mailtrap hereby declares that the Service fits for the purpose for which the Consumer required it and possesses functionality, compatibility, accessibility, continuity, and security normal for the service of this type available on the market, of which the consumer was made aware of. The Consumer, upon the conclusion of the Agreement shall be supplied with all accessories, instructions, including on installation, by Mailtrap and customer assistance as described in this section. Moreover, Mailtrap declares to provide the Consumer with all the necessary updates to the Service necessary to keep the Service in conformity throughout the term of the Agreement.
Service shall be supplied in the most recent version available at the time of the acceptance of this Terms of Service. The Consumer bears ordinary costs for providing telecommunication services necessary for the provision of Service to the Consumer.
Mailtrap provides Service according to the prices available at: https://mailtrap.io/pricing/. The Consumer will be provided the amount of a total fee for the Service selected by the Consumer exclusive of taxes, upon selection of a plan chosen by the Consumer, at the beginning of placing an order for Service. The Consumer shall be responsible for all applicable taxes in accordance with the terms stated in section “Billing / Payment Terms”. Payment for the Service is made as described in section “Billing / Payment Terms”.
The Consumer’s right to withdraw from the Terms of Service shall expire upon commencement of the provision of Service on the basis of Article 16 of the Directive 2011/83/EU of 25 October 2011. By accepting this Agreement, the Consumer declares that he/she is aware and unambiguously accepts that the Consumer does not have the right to withdraw from the contract for the provision of Service due to its nature, in particular, due to the fact, that gaining access to the Service, means the full performance of the Service by Mailtrap.
The provision of the Service may involve risks inherent in the activity on the Internet. The Consumer is aware of the risks of the Internet, in particular the possibility that passwords may be intercepted by third parties or that the Consumer’s devices may be infected with viruses, as well as the losses that may arise from such events. The Consumer is obliged to keep passwords and login data to the account secret. Upon request of the Consumer, Mailtrap shall send the Consumer current information about particular risks connected with using services provided electronically via e-mail.
The Consumer is obligated to use the Service in accordance with the law and good practice, to respect personal rights, copyrights, and intellectual property rights of Mailtrap and third parties. Mailtrap does not provide after-sales services or warranties&
The Consumer may lodge the complaint regarding the provision of Service, with Mailtrap, via contact details for notices or other correspondence stated below.It is recommended that the Consumer provides in the description of the complaint: (1) information and circumstances concerning the subject of the complaint, in particular, the type and date of occurrence of the irregularity; (2) the demand of the Consumer; and (3) contact details of the Consumer – this will facilitate and accelerate the processing of the complaint by Mailtrap. The requirements specified in the preceding sentence have the form of recommendation only and do not influence the effectiveness of complaints lodged with the omission of the recommended description of the complaint by the Consumer.
Complaints that do not require additional information shall be considered within 14 business days of their receipt. Mailtrap shall inform the Consumer of the manner of their consideration through the means of communication used to initiate the use of the Service. In the event of the necessity to supplement the complaint, Mailtrap shall immediately, in any case not later than within 14 business days from the date of its lodging, notify the Consumer. In such a case the time limit referred shall be counted from the date of submitting the supplemented complaint. Detailed information about the possibility for the Consumer to use out-of-court complaint and redress procedures and the rules of access to these procedures are available at the offices and websites of consumer ombudsmen, consumer rights protection organizations, and consumer protection offices competent for the seat of the Consumer.
All notices or other correspondence to Mailtrap under this Agreement must be sent to the following electronic mail address for such purpose:
Or the following physical address:
Railsware Products Studio LLC
118 Coalpit Hill Road, Danbury,
CT 06810, USA
Last revision: 10 April 2023