This Acceptable Use Policy is incorporated by reference in your Agreement with Mailtrap and describes activities that are not allowed in connection with your use of the Mailtrap Services.
Capitalized terms used in this Acceptable Use Policy shall have the meaning given in the Agreement unless otherwise defined herein.
Please direct your inquiries with regard to Acceptable Use Policy to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may use Mailtrap for sending the following content to recipients:
- Transactional content; and
- Testing emails.
You may not use Mailtrap for sending the following content to recipients:
- Commercial content – which advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, including content on a website operated for a commercial purpose and which is neither Prohibited Content nor Prohibited Actions as mentioned below;
- Transactional or relationship content – which facilitates an already agreed-upon transaction or updates a customer about an ongoing transaction which is neither Prohibited Content nor Prohibited Actions as mentioned below; and
Other content – which is neither commercial nor transactional relationship and which is not Prohibited Content.
You may not use Mailtrap to promote, distribute, create, send, display, advertise, or sell (as applicable):
- Commercial content
- Other content
- Emails that violate the CAN-SPAM Act or other anti-spam laws
- Illegal goods or services
- Campaigns promoting or supporting terrorism or violent extremism
- Сontent or links to any content that Mailtrap reasonably believes:
- Is offensive;
- Promotes anything illegal;
- Harasses anyone;
- Is pornography or sexually explicit content;
- Constitutes, depicts, fosters, promotes, or relates in any manner to child pornography, bestiality, non-consensual sex acts, or otherwise unlawfully exploits persons under 18 years of age;
- Publish, transmit or store any content or links to any content that is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, contains harassing content or hate speech, creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, or public safety or health, compromises national security or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement;
- Is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- Is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy; or
- Is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, morally repugnant.
Some industries have higher-than-average abuse complaints, which can jeopardize deliverability. In order to maintain the reliability of Mailtrap Services, we could request additional information or documents to allow the use of Mailtrap Services to businesses that offer these types of services, products, or content:
- Selling “Likes” or followers for a social media platform
- Cryptocurrencies, virtual currencies, and any digital assets related to an Initial Coin Offering
- Escort services, mail-order bride/spouse finders, international marriage brokers, and other similar sites and services
- Hookup, swinger, or sexual encounter sites or services
- Credit repair and get out of debt opportunities
- List brokers or list rental services
- Pharmaceutical products
- Work-at-home scams, make money online, and lead generation opportunities
- Gambling services or products
- Multi-level marketing
- Affiliate marketing
Content Subject to Additional Scrutiny
We’ve also found that certain types of content may cause higher-than-average abuse rates. For that reason, we may closely review accounts that offer the following services, products, or content:
- Online trading, day trading tips, or stock market-related content
- Daily horoscope reports
- Mortgages and loans
- Nutritional, herbal, and vitamin supplements
- Adult entertainment/novelty items
- Online dating services and applications (dating sites or services with a sexual emphasis or sexually explicit content – including images depicting nudity – are not permitted)
- Real estate
- Services that support programmatically sending mail on behalf of third parties without creating or reviewing the content
- Products in demand due to COVID-19 and regulated by applicable law
If we identify abuse, we may suspend, throttle, or disable the account.
You may not:
- Use Mailtrap to send Spam, fraud, or any other emails that are not in compliance with your local laws and the legal requirements set forth in the USA in either bulk emails or one-to-one commercial emails form. You must be able to point to an opt-in form or show other evidence of consent for any commercial or marketing email you send.
- Use Mailtrap to send emails to anyone that has indicated they do not want to receive communications from you.
- Upload or send emails to purchased, rented, third-party, co-reg, publicly available data, or partner lists of any kind.
- Include in the content (text, photos, graphics, and other content) sent via Mailtrap any material that wasn’t created by you, provided for you to use, or that would violate anyone’s rights.
- Use any incorrect or misleading names, addresses, emails, subject lines, or other information in the Service or in any content created, managed, or sent using Mailtrap.
- Share your Mailtrap credentials.
- Workaround any technical limitations in the Mailtrap Services and software.
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Mailtrap software.
- Make copies of the Mailtrap software.
- Rent, lease or lend the Mailtrap software.
- Transfer the Mailtrap software to any third party.
- Use any of the Mailtrap Services and/or Mailtrap software to create a competing product.
- Send Commercial content that does not contain a Mailtrap unsubscribe mechanism or send emails that use an external unsubscribe process.
- Send content created in Mailtrap through another service.
- Host images on our servers for any purpose other than for your use of the Service.
- Host Content on our servers for any purpose other than for your use of the Service.
- Take any action intended to avoid Mailtrap billing thresholds.
- Set up multiple accounts to send similar content.
- Send, import, incorporate or otherwise upload to Mailtrap Services any sensitive personal information including but not limited to Social Security numbers, passwords, security credentials.
Your emails must be drafted in compliance with the laws and regulations applicable to bulk or commercial email in your jurisdiction and meet the following requirements:
- Marketing emails can be sent only to recipients who have provided consent to receive such marketing emails from you;
- Marketing emails must include an unsubscribe link in every email campaign you are sending;
- Marketing emails must include your contact information
- Emails must include that clear contact information and subject line.
You are responsible for complying with all applicable data protection, import, re-import, export, and re-export control laws, including any applicable license requirements, and country-specific sanctions programs. Mailtrap may not be used in violation of export laws, controls, regulations, or sanction policies of the United States or your applicable jurisdiction. The Services may not be used by persons, organizations, companies, or any such other legal entity or unincorporated body, including any affiliate or group company, which is involved with or suspected of involvement in activities or causes relating to illegal gambling; terrorism; narcotics trafficking; arms trafficking or the proliferation, development, design, manufacture, production, stockpiling, or use of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, weapons of mass destruction, or missiles; in each case including any affiliation with others whatsoever who sponsor or support the above such activities or causes.